Tortured mother who survived husband’s attack leaving her four children dead goes to court in a wheelchair to face him as he is charged with murder

A mother who was shot, stabbed and tortured in a brutal attack that claimed the lives of her four children entered a courtroom in a wheelchair on Wednesday to face her accused husband as he was charged with murder.

Gregory Green, 49, allegedly poisoned his two young daughters with car exhaust fumes before placing their lifeless bodies back in their beds in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, home on September 21.

Green then allegedly bound his wife, Faith Harris-Green, with duct tape and zip ties, slashed her face with a box cutter and shot her in the foot before shooting dead his two stepchildren in front of her.

Harris-Green watched the proceedings from the audience, sitting in a wheelchair with a heavy black veil obscuring her face.


She was surrounded by family members and stared ahead when her spouse was brought into the courtroom in an orange prison jumpsuit and shackles, The Detroit News reported.

After the horrifying slayings, the ex-convict called 911 and allegedly confessed to the murders, which came a month after his wife filed for divorce.

Green is facing charges of first-degree murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm, torture, unlawful imprisonment, felonious assault, felon in possession and felony firearm.


On Wednesday, a district judge ordered Green to undergo a psychiatric evaluation to determine if he is competent to stand trial, which will likely put his case on hold for several weeks.

At the conclusion of the hearing, which lasted only about two minutes, Mrs Harris-Green was wheeled out of the courtroom to meet with prosecutors. She did not make any statements.

On Friday, more than 1,000 people filed into a Detroit church to say a final farewell to Faith Harris-Green’s four children, Chadney Allen, 19, Kara Allen, 17, Koi Green, 5, and four-year-old Kaleigh Green.

The service was held at the Detroit First Church of Nazarene and lasted two hours.
Family members could be seen helping Faith, who is recovering from her injuries, to her seat before the service.


Chadney Allen Sr was also present to say goodbye to his two children.

A letter Faith wrote to her children was read during the service, according toThe Detroit News.
‘I know your love,’ she wrote. ‘My dear babies I love you all. You were always unique in your own way.’

Faith described Chadney Allen Jr as her ‘little big man’ who loved to give tight hugs.

He had recently graduated from the Specs Howard School of Broadcasting with a certificate in Digital Media Arts.

Faith said Kara was a go-getter, an honor student and a cheerleader.

‘Princess Koi’ loved to dress up and be the center of attention while her sister Kaleigh enjoyed ballet and singing.

It was recently revealed that Gregory Green had been released from prison in 2008 after serving 15 years for killing his first wife Tonya, who was six months pregnant with their child.

Green served a sentence for second-degree murder after his wife was found stabbed to death in 1991. He had pleaded no contest in Wayne County court.

Police have said Green confessed to killing his four children during a 911 call.

Authorities said he did the exact same thing after killing his first wife, calling police and waiting to arrive before letting them into his home.

Green had been denied parole four times because he showed ‘no remorse for his crime, had not gained adequate insight and had a lack of empathy’, according to Wayne County Sheriff spokesman Chris Gautz.

On September 21, Green called 911 and said he had killed four people at his Dearborn Heights home.

Police arrived around 1.20am and discovered that the four children had been attacked and killed in different ways.

Kara Allen and Chadney Allen were found dead and bound in the basement after being shot execution-style.

Green’s daughters Kaleigh Green and Koi were found dead in their beds after they were asphyxiated by carbon monoxide fumes in a car, police said.

Their father had reportedly manipulated the tail pipe of the car, killing the children with exhaust fumes.
He then placed the young children back into bed on the ground floor of the home, police said.

The car where the young children were asphyxiated was parked outside the home and had a hose hooked to the exhaust that was routed into the car.

Police administered CPR before the children were taken to hospital, but they did not survive.
Faith Green was discovered in the basement by police and was taken to a hospital.

Police have not cited a motive but the killings appear to have stemmed ‘from a domestic violence-type situation,’ Dearborn Heights police Capt Michael Petri said.

Records show Faith Green had filed for divorce in August.

She cited a ‘breakdown in the marriage relationship’ in the filing in Wayne County Court.

Records show she also filed for divorce from Gregory Green in 2013 but no further action was taken.

Faith had asked for a personal protection order that same year but it was turned down by a judge.

In the past, police have reportedly responded to the home for domestic violence and family troubles.

Green completed several cognitive-based programs and was paroled in 2008,’ Gautz told the newspaper.

He was released from parole in April 2010 after spending 16 years in prison.

Following his release, Green stayed out of trouble until the recent murders.

The Free Press reported that Green was issued a learner’s permit for a commercial driver’s license in Michigan on September 1.


Recent Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *